Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day Recipes

I didn't take any pictures this time because I was feeling overwhelmed and stressed trying to just get it done, lots of housework awaits...
But I wanted to share these 2 recipes, both of which are amazing and worth trying!

1st Recipe for BBQ #1:
CHEESECAKE

For the record... My entire life this was the only cheesecake I ever ate, and assumed I loved cheesecake... not the case, I really only love this cheesecake - that's how amazing it is :) (I've only found one other cheesecake that I even like)
Its a lot of work but, oh, so worth it:

Crust:

INGREDIENTS:

1-1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted

DIRECTIONS:

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients until well blended.

PRESS firmly onto bottom and up side of spring form pan.

BAKE 8 min. or until lightly browned; cool completely.

Filling:

INGREDIENTS:

4 – 8oz. Pkg. Cream Cheese (softened)

½ Lemon (squeezed)

1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

1 cup Sugar

4 eggs

Topping:

1 – 16oz. Pkg. Sour Cream

¼ cup Sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Filling: PREHEAT 350° W/ PAN OF WATER IN OVEN

Cream all ingredients together, adding 1 egg at a time. Fill spring form pan with filling, and smooth out the top. Bake in oven for 50-55 minutes. Let Set (approximately 10 minutes).

Topping: Cream ingredients together. Add topping to cheesecake after it has set. Spread just shy of the edges. Place bake in oven for 5 additional minutes.


Tips: Wait for it to completely cool before refrigerating or attempting to remove the side of the pan. When refrigerating, cover with plastic wrap, but leave an opening to keep away condensation...

ok i couldn't help myself.... here's the final product:


2nd Recipe for BBQ #2:

Pizza Dip (I doubled this recipe)

INGREDIENTS:
1 (8-oz.) container soft cream cheese with chives and onions

1/2 cup chunky pizza sauce

1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper

1/3 cup finely chopped pepperoni

2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese

2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese

(I added some Jack cheese too...yum! I love me my cheese!)

DIRECTIONS:
Heat oven to 350°F. In ungreased 9-inch pie pan or 1 to 1 1/2-quart baking dish, layer all ingredients in order listed.
Bake at 350°F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until dip is hot and cheese is melted.

Serve warm with bagel crisps, bagel chips, pita chips, crackers or tortilla chips work too.


No comments:

Post a Comment