Thursday, May 7, 2009

COST!

Thank You Laura for your suggestion on including the cost of each meal! That is brilliant! :)

I will include the cost with the recipes from now on, but to back track:

Tuesday: Lemon Chicken Schnitzel W/ Spaetzle
First, the Spaetzle was made from ingredients I think everyone just has laying around the house, and I didn't actually purchase anything to make it so I don't have a cost on that... but it is certainly under $1 to make.

Lemon Chicken Schnitzel:
Caputo's: Lemon = $0.25
Meijer: Chicken = $2
The rest of the ingredients I had on hand! so I will estimate it is under $1 in eggs, flour, and bread crumbs.
Cermak's: Roma Grape Tomatoes = $0.50 for a package (I used about half)
Approximate Meal Total (Serving 2) = UNDER $5!!!!!


Wednesday: Stuffed Pork Chops w/ Oven Roasted Veggies
On hand: Stove Top Pork Stuffing (I think I picked this up on sale for $1)
Applesauce (I picked up this at Target a while back with a Target coupon and a manufacturer's coupon and got a 6 pk for $0.14!)
Rhodes Wheat Texas Rolls $2.99 - $.75 coupon: good for 4 - 6 meals!

Stuffed Pork Chops (2 Servings)
Meijer: 4 thin cut pork chops = $3

Oven Roasted Veggies (4-6 servings)
Meijer: 2 Vidalia Onions = $0.59
Caputo's: 2 Turnips = $0.74
1 Garlic = $0.11
2 Sweet Potatoes = $0.39
1/2 bag Baby Carrots = $0.65
2 Potatoes = $0.30
Cermak's: 1/2 package Roma Grape Tomatoes = $0.25

On Hand: 1 Red Pepper, spices and olive oil = under $1

Approximate Meal Total (Serving 2) = UNDER $9 (lots of left-over veggies)

No comments:

Post a Comment