Friday, May 15, 2009

Crockpot Thursday: Chicken & Dumplings

I missed posting my crockpot recipe yesterday! So here it is:

Chicken and Dumplings
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts =$2 @ Meijer
2 tbsp butter
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup = $0.50 @ Walgreens
1 onion, finely diced = (had on hand)
2 pkgs refrigerated biscuit dough, each biscuit cut in half =$1 @ Meijer
Optional: peas and carrots = (peas = on hand), carrots = $0.35 @ Caputo's
I just threw in about 1/3 of a bag of frozen peas, and 1/4 of a bag of baby carrots cut in half

Place chicken, butter, soup, onion and some water to cover (I didn't add any water this time because the soup covered the chicken, and the chicken was frozen so I know it gave off a little water as it thawed)
Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours, and 1 hour before serving add the veggies and biscuits (I don't like my carrots mushy so I put them in an hour

TOTAL COST (Serves 5-6) = $4!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment