Monday, September 20, 2010

Meijer :/

well I had a terrible experience at Meijer on Saturday.  I got my "deals" & got to deal with a terrible front end manager, while dealing with a crabby/crying baby, all while waiting for the hubby to get the oil changed and come pick us back up. FUN TIMES!
Well first, the "deals":
Kraft cheese again was cheap, 3/$5, which is usually the only price I'll buy it at, but I had 4 more of those $5off 5 coupons. AND when you spent $15 on Kraft cheese you got $5 back in a Catalina!
So I bought 10 in my first transaction (along with 2 onion soup mixes for recipe I want to try which were on sale for $1/ea, but when you bought 2 you got a $0.75 Catalina!) So I spent $8.70 on the first one and got $5.75 back, not bad!  But when I did my second transaction of 10 Kraft cheeses ($6.70), the $5 Cat didn't print & they wouldn't allow me to use my $0.75 cat on that transaction... the manager told me you have to wait 24 hours to use them, well guess what?! you don't! I looked up the coupon policy online and it says nothing about that... I really hate when people lie to my face, Its my biggest pet peeve. I have proceeded to send an email to Meijer corporate about said front end manager and several other issues I have experienced shopping at Meijer over time. We'll see if they offer any sort of answers..
I have to go back to get something else they have a great deal on for another recipe I am making, and I will be using my $5.75 in Cats on that transaction and trying to not spend any of my money in their store until I hear back... Meijer prices are pretty low, & I usually get most of my "crap" groceries there, so I will be sad to not shop there anymore, but I have to put my foot down and stand up for this, so I guess I'll probably be spending a little more monthly on food, but I'll also be saving myself a lot of headaches...

No comments:

Post a Comment