Monday, November 9, 2009

Won Tons

So I got wonton wrappers for super cheap at a really cool grocery store I had never been to before Saturday. It is called Blue Goose Market in Saint Charles. The rest of the day Saturday I spent looking up ways to fill the wonton wrappers.  I was making pork chops for dinner so  I decided while the pork chops were baking, I would cut up the 3 extra pork chops into a tiny dice and marinate them in a sort of teriyaki sauce.
So i chopped up some garlic and fresh ginger. added it to some soy sauce, honey and rice vinegar. I threw in a chopped green onion and tasted it... totally missing something. BROWN SUGAR! so added a few spoonfuls of brown sugar and it was perfect. I put the marinade and pork in ziplock baggy and put it in the fridge for Sunday.  Sunday I just filled the wontons (which by the way I made 25 of the pork ones...) and fried them up - It was DELICIOUS! I fried up 2 wonton wrappers in the shape of a bow cause fried wontons are delicious all on their own. And i made a taste test for us... 3 wontons filled with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. when those came out of the oil i sprinkled some romano cheese on them - YUM-O!
Now I have 30 wonton wrappers left and I'm trying to come up with some other ideas... I think i will try to baked up some dessert type ones... banana and cream cheese? mmm Maybe an apple and caramel? Any ideas? These wrappers were so inexpensive I'm thinking it will be a monthly staple!
Til later...

No comments:

Post a Comment