Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pizza!

Who doesn't love pizza?
It is so versatile!!!!
Saturday nights are PIZZA NIGHT!
I just realized I have never posted the pizza dough recipe... So I thought I would now before I get started on pizza for this evening (on my brand new pampered chef stone! I wonder how different it will be)

The Recipe:
1 envelope active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (+ more for handling)
1 teaspoon salt
oil

Put warm water in a cup; sprinkle yeast over water and stir in sugar.  Let yeast stand for about 10 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl; pour yeast mixture and mix with a dough hook until a stiff dough is formed.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead for about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.  Add extra flour as needed to keep from sticking to hands and surface.
Place in a large bowl greased with oil (olive oil, mmmm) turn dough over to coat the other side. Cover with a dish towl; let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.  Dough will double in bulk; punch down and divide in half.  Stretch dough into two separate pizzas.
After topped with all the goodies, bake at 425 for 12-18 minutes :)
ENJOY!
(I'll be topping one of them with Mike's favorite toppings - Diced Tomatoes & Fresh Garlic)
mmmm I'm getting really hungry....

No comments:

Post a Comment